A Twitter user[Tutsy22] couldn’t hide his displeasure about the former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and he went on his page to rant about his displeasures. Here are some excerpts and in his very own words;
- To start with, Number 4, Oyikan Abayomi (formerly Queens) Drive, Ikoyi, A 5- bedroom detached house on one acre of land which was originally the Lagos State Governor’s Guest House since 1973, now belongs to a former Governor of the state, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
- The certificate of occupancy of the property, valued at N450 million, was signed and released to him by his successor, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), in 2007 shortly after he assumed office.
- It might be difficult to come to terms with the fact that whenever someone in Lagos begins to wonder where their 4th mainland bridge went or what was the fate of the pipe-borne water project or even where the schools and hospitals had vanished to, there is silence.
- Tinubu’s residence at 26 Bourdillion Road, Ikoyi was initially falsely PRESENTED as Oando Plc Guest House. Later, he purportedly bought it from Oando and used public funds to rebuild and renovate it.
- The Lagos State Government bought the property and paid an undisclosed sum to him and thereafter gave the property back to him under the bogus pension bill he signed into law shortly before he left office in 2007. The property is worth over N600 million.
- The annexe of the Lagos State Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja was bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million, purportedly to protect the main house from a security breach.
- Shortly after Tinubu left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before leaving the office.
- The 250-hectares of land valued at about N35 billion and strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa Local Government but was acquired by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Limited – a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu – to develop as Royal Garden Housing Estate at the expense of the taxpayers of Lagos.
- The 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75 billion located at Lakowe, near Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area and given to Lekki Concession Company, which is partly owned by Tinubu and Fashola, has been developed as a golf course and housing estate.[Lakowe golf resort]
- The prime land of 157 hectares with 2.5km of Atlantic beachfront, valued at about N10 billion was “taken” by Tinubu from the communities of Siriwon, Igbekodo, Apakin, etc in Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area and given to Ibukun Fakeye-his crony to build a golf course and luxury villa with little or no compensation to villagers. In addition, Tinubu paid $20 million (N3 billion) out of public treasury to Ibukun Fakeye to commence the project in late 2006.
- The 14 hectares Parkview Ikoyi Estate foreshore land reclaimed by the Lagos State Government is now owned by Tinubu. While in office, he allocated to himself the former Strabag Yard beside the Lagos State Secretariat at Alausa, Ikeja. The property has now been developed into a SHOPPING mall as big as the Palms in Lekki. This is public property brazenly stolen and now owned by Tinubu, aided by Fashola.[You know it as ICM]
- The choice property at Lekki-Epe Road on which he built and owns the multi-billion Naira Oriental HOTEL AND the extension of the multi-storey car park beside it is also a story of the misrule of Lagos State.
- Also, the multi-level recreation centre by Mobil Oniru Estate on Lekki-Epe road jointly owned with ARM and Tunji Olowolafe. All these assets valued at over N25 billion were obtained without paying a kobo to the Lagos State Government.
- Tinubu raised a loan of N4.7 billion on Eko Akete project for which nothing was achieved before he turned around to sell the property to his Chagouri friends of Chagouri & Chagouri and Hitech Construction Ltd at a ridiculously low price at the expense of taxpayers of Lagos
- Tinubu applied to personally purchase the Federal Secretariat building while in office. When he couldn’t get to buy it, he directed Fashola to stop the eventual owner of the complex from developing it.
- Several other buyers of Federal Government properties and developers of properties in Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Government Reservation Area in Ikeja were forced to succumb to the outrageous demand of Tinubu, Fashola and other officials of the state government.
- The Critical Care Unit of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital in Ikeja, built and equipped with state funds, is now owned personally by Tinubu. He has put ONE Dr. Sikiru Tinubu (a supposed cousin of his) to run the outfit. It is run as a private unit & the proceeds are pocketed by the duo. The unit charges its users exorbitantly and most Lagosians can’t afford to pay its high charges. Much of d revenue is derived from fees paid by d. State Govt for patients referred there by its General Hospitals.
- Several prominent Nigerians in the judiciary, police, the Independent National Electoral Commission and other sensitive agencies have obtained prime land from Tinubu and then Governor Fashola over the years without paying a kobo.
- Many of them had turned around to sell the land at a substantial profit. Many top officials in the police, INEC and the judiciary who participated in the 2003 and 2007 elections in states where Tinubu has interest were compromised with parcels of free prime Lagos land and cash.
- If the Lagos State Land’s Bureau could publish d names & identities of beneficiaries of land allotees from 2000 to date, d scandal that will result is better imagined. Gbenga Ashafa, now a senator & Mrs Awofisayo were d conduits thru which these acts were being perpetrated.
Ok this is crazy! What’s your take on this?
Drop your comments
The post How Jagaban Looted The State To Stupor, A Twitter User Reveals!! More news visit Vibesofnaija.